The protein powder inside can help keep you full.
- 2 scoops (about ½ cup) chocolate whey-protein powder
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder (plus more for dusting; optional)
- 2 tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- ½ c. applesauce (no sugar added)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- fruit, for topping (optional)
- Stir protein powder with cocoa and chocolate chips. In another bowl, whisk eggs with applesauce.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture (avoid overmixing).
- Spray 4 mugs with cooking spray and divide batter among them.
- Microwave, 1 at a time, until centers are firm but still spongy to the touch, 45 to 60 sec.
- Dust with cocoa and top with fruit, if you like.
131 cal, 6 g fat (2 g saturated), 13g protein, 10g carb, 7g sugar, 2g fiber, 94 mg sodium, 116 mg cholesterol per serving
This story originally appeared in the June 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.