A sweet salad full of superfood dynamos.
- ¼ c. pomegranate molasses or cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp. agave syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- ½ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts, shaved or sliced very thin
- 2 small bunches Tuscan kale, ribs removed, leaves sliced into thin ribbons
- ⅔ c. pomegranate seeds
- ⅔ c. Marcona almonds, coarsely chopped, or slivered almonds
- 2 c. Gorgonzola Dolce or goat cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together pomegranate molasses, mustard, agave, and salt in a large bowl. (If using honey in place of agave, add 1 tsp. water.) Drizzle in oil, whisking constantly to emulsify.
- Add Brussels sprouts and kale to bowl. Toss to coat in dressing, working greens with your hands to help soften them. Fold in pomegranate seeds and almonds. Top with Gorgonzola.
449 cal, 32 g fat (9 g saturated), 15 g protein, 29 g carb, 12 g sugar, 7 g fiber, 560 mg sodium, 29 mg cholesterol per serving
This story originally appeared in the December 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.