Give your sweet potatoes a punch of flavor.
- 6 sweet potatoes, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 1 piece ginger, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- ½ c. orange juice (preferably fresh-squeezed)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- ½ c. pecans
- Heat oven to 425°F. Toss potatoes with ginger, orange juice, oil, salt, pepper, and curry. Spread out on a baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes, 20 min. Stir, and add pecans. Continue to roast, stirring occasionally, until tender and slightly browned, 20 to 30 min. more.
202 cal, 8 g fat (1 g saturated), 3 g protein, 30 g carb, 10 g sugar, 5 g fiber, 201 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This story originally appeared in the November 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.