Let fruit join in the usual roasted veggie fun.
- 1½ lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 large shallots, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 c. red seedless grapes
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ⅓ c. unsalted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 425°F. Toss Brussels sprouts with 2 Tbsp olive oil, the salt, and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. On a separate rimmed baking sheet, toss shallots and grapes with remaining Tbsp oil.
- Roast grapes and sprouts, turning when browned on one side (about 15 min for grapes, 20 min for sprouts), and continue to roast until browned all over, 25 to 35 min total.
- Combine vinegar with 1 Tbsp water and add to hot baking sheet with the grapes. As it steams, deglaze pan, stirring up browned bits with a wooden spoon. Toss grape mixture and sprouts together, and top with almonds.
149 cal, 8 g fat (1 g saturated), 4 g protein, 17 g carb, 9 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 142 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This story originally appeared in the November 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.