Want to know how to cut an avocado into 24 neat slivers? It's easy: Start with a peeled avocado half and slice it crosswise into 4 pieces. Slice each segment into thirds, then cut those pieces in half.
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and cut into 24 thin slices
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. wasabi paste (look for it in the Asian- or International-food aisle)
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 24 rounds
- 12 peeled and deveined cooked large or jumbo shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- Pinch of flaked sea salt
- Toss avocado slices gently in lemon juice. In a separate bowl, stir sour cream with wasabi paste.
- Top each cucumber round with an avocado slice, shrimp half, and a small dollop of wasabi cream. Sprinkle with chopped chives and salt.
26 cal per 2 pieces
This recipe originally appeared in the December 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.