You'll be hooked as soon as you try them.
Serves: Serves 12
- 4 large eggs plus 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 packed cups baby kale, finely chopped
- 1 precooked andouille chicken sausage (3 oz), finely chopped
- Heat broiler. Whisk whole eggs with whites and 2 Tbsp cheese. Cook onion in oil with salt in a 1-inch broiler-proof nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring, until softened, about 3 min. Add kale and sausage; cook until kale is softened, 2 min.
- Pour in egg mixture. Cook over medium-low heat until bottom is set, 4 min.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp cheese. Broil until set, 4 min. Slide frittata out; let rest before cutting 24 rounds with a 1 1/4-inch cookie cutter.
75 cal per 2 pieces
This recipe originally appeared in the December 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.