Hummus is the perfect appetizer — it's light, delicious, and versatile. Sweet green peas add extra citrusy sweetness and creaminess to the dish.
- 1/2 lb. garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1/2 lb. fresh sweet peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 head garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- 1/8 c. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- pinch dried red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add garbanzo beans to your food processor and pulse for 1 minute.
- Combine other ingredients into your food processor and purée until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe republished with permission from Steve Lindner, chef and CEO of ZoneManhattan.com.