Serve this dip with vegetables or a pack of your favorite healthy chips.
- 2 c. fava beans
- 2 lb. fresh spinach
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 2 heads of garlic
- zest of 7 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blanch and peel fava beans.
- Blanch and squeeze fresh spinach until dry.
- Cut both the onion and garlic heads in half and roast until golden and tender.
- Purée roasted onion and garlic.
- Add dried spinach and lemon zest and purée until smooth.
- Fold in fava beans.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with vegetables or chips of your choice.
Recipe republished with permission from Steve Lindner, chef and CEO of ZoneManhattan.com.