Yes, you read that right — burger.
- 1 medium tomato (finely chopped)
- ½ c. loosely packed chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. Chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. minced jalapeño (seeds removed)
- juice of ½ lime
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- 4 oz. ground turkey
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ c. tomato-salsa mixture
- Combine 1 medium tomato (finely chopped), ½ cup loosely packed chopped cilantro leaves, 2 Tbsp chopped red onion, 1 Tbsp minced jalapeño (seeds removed), juice of ½ lime, and ½ tsp coarse salt. Set aside.
- Combine 4 oz ground turkey, ¼ tsp each chili powder and coarse salt, and ¼ cup of the tomato-salsa mixture. Form into a patty.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burger, flipping once, until browned, 4 min. Reduce heat to low and cook through, covered, 5 min.
- Serve on lettuce with remaining tomato-salsa mixture and more cilantro.
All Day-Off Diet dinner recipes are under 520 calories per serving.
This story originally appeared in the January/February 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.