A delicious (and nutritious!) combination.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ¼ c. sliced zucchini
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 oz. shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- pinch of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ tsp. oregano (or ½ tsp dried)
- ½ c. halved grape tomatoes
- ½ c. quinoa
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 ¼ cups sliced zucchini. Cook until zucchini start to turn golden, 2 to 4 min.
- Add 1 garlic clove (minced) and 3 oz shrimp (peeled and deveined). Cook until shrimp start to turn pink, about 2 min.
- Add a pinch each of coarse salt and red pepper flakes, 1 ½ tsp oregano (or ½ tsp dried), and ½ cup halved grape tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes soften, 2 min.
- Serve over ½ cup cooked quinoa.
All Day-Off Diet dinner recipes are under 520 calories per serving.
This story originally appeared in the January/February 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.