This refreshing cucumber salad scales back on the sugar found in many pickled-cuke recipes.
- ½ c. white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp. honey
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 lb. thinly sliced cucumbers
- ¼ c. thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Whisk ½ cup white wine vinegar, 3 Tbsp honey, and ¼ tsp coarse salt until honey dissolves.
- Toss with 1 lb thinly sliced cucumbers, ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion, and 2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill.
- Refrigerate for at least 40 minutes (or up to 1 week, stirring occasionally).
- Serve drained.
35 cal, 0 g fat (0 g saturated), 1 g protein, 8 g carb, 6 g sugar, 1 g fiber, 41 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.