Think a glaze has to mean mounds of sugar? Here, orange juice turns up the carrots' natural sweetness.
- 2 lb. carrots (about 11), peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 c. fresh orange juice
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin
- Cut 2 lb peeled carrots (about 11) into quarters (lengthwise) and then in half.
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook carrots with 1 tsp coarse salt, covered but stirring occasionally, until almost tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add 1 cup fresh orange juice and ¾ tsp ground cumin and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer carrots, uncovered, stirring, until tender and glazed, about 5 minutes.
172 cal, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 2 g protein, 26 g carb, 15 g sugar, 6 g fiber, 621 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.