Zingy heat from cayenne makes an uncommonly yummy cocoa.
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- oz. pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 oz. finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ½ c. 2% milk
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- In a saucepan, combine 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 Tbsp sugar, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Pour in 1 cup boiling-hot water and stir until smooth.
- Add 2 oz finely chopped bittersweet chocolate; stir until smooth.
- Whisk in 1 ½ cups 2% milk and add 4 whole cinnamon sticks. Heat until hot.
- Serve with cinnamon sticks.
135 cal, 12 g sugar per serving
This story originally appeared in the December 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.