A big result for little effort. These five-ingredient cookies come together in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 large egg whites
- pinch of fine salt
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ c. unsweetened dried coconut
- ¼ c. diced dried apricots
- Combine 2 large egg whites and a pinch of fine salt in a stainless-steel bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until foamy and white, then gradually add ¼ cup sugar.
- Continue to beat until soft, fluffy peaks form.
- Add ½ tsp pure vanilla extract, 1 ½ cups unsweetened dried coconut, and ¼ cup diced dried apricots.
- Fold gently to combine.
- Using a soup spoon, dollop 12 mounds onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325°F until pale golden, 15 min.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- If not serving immediately, store in an airtight container up to 1 day.
213 cal, 12 g sugar per 2 pieces
This story originally appeared in the December 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.