This java-charged chia cup is our new fave dessert. And it doubles as breakfast.
- ½ c. brewed strong coffee (cooled)
- 1 c. light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. each ground ginger
- a grind of pepper
- ½ c. chia seeds
- ¼ c. plain 2% Greek yogurt
- orange zest
- Combine ½ cup brewed strong coffee (cooled), 1 cup light coconut milk, 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup, ½ tsp pure vanilla extract, ½ tsp ground cinnamon, ¼ tsp each ground ginger, cardamom, and coriander, a grind of pepper, and ½ cup chia seeds in a 4-cup container.
- Shake well and chill, 4 hr, shaking occasionally in first hr. (If not serving immediately, chill up to 2 days.)
- Mix ¼ cup plain 2% Greek yogurt with 1 tsp more syrup.
- Dollop over pudding.
- Top with orange zest.
186 cal, 9 g sugar per serving
This story originally appeared in the December 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.