Torn between fruit, nuts, and dark chocolate? How 'bout them all — in one bite-size present?
- 4 oz. finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- ½ tsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. nuts
- 1 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp. dried fruit
- 1 tbsp. candied ginger
- Heat 4 oz finely chopped bittersweet chocolate and ½ tsp canola oil in a microwave, 1 min.
- Stir until smooth and cool to the touch.
- One tsp at a time, dollop onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spreading out with back of spoon.
- Top rounds with a mix taken from 1 Tbsp each of any of the following: nuts, pomegranate seeds, dried fruit, or candied ginger.
- Chill until firm, about 1 hr.
- Keep chocolates refrigerated until ready to serve.
Makes 16: 188 cal, 12 g sugar per 4 pieces
This story originally appeared in the December 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.