This super-easy fruit dip is best served as soon as it's made. Delicious with all kinds of fresh fruit, it makes a great light dessert on hot summer nights.
- 1 c. Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Cara Cara Orange-Vanilla white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Persian Lime infused olive oil
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar or honey (if yogurt is unsweetened)
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the white balsamic and olive oil. Add the zest and icing sugar or honey*, if using, and whip until smooth. Serve with a fresh fruit platter.
- This will keep overnight in the fridge, but don’t store it for much longer than that. The vinegar will make the yogurt curdle if it’s left to sit for too long.
Variations: Almost any white balsamic will work well in this dip. Two of my favorite alternative combinations for a fruit dip are apricot white balsamic with Eureka Lemon fused olive oil, and pineapple white balsamic with Ruby grapefruit fused olive oil.
*Honey is a great substitute for icing sugar, but most of the time I use plain, unsweetened yogurt and just the vinegar. I don’t find it necessary to add the icing sugar — unless you want the dip to be very sweet, you don’t really need to add it.
Recipe and photo from The Olive Oil and Vinegar Lover's Cookbook, reprinted with the permission of TouchWood Editions.