Garnish each serving with a crumbled strip of bacon — or sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- ¾ lb. skinless center-cut salmon fillet
- ½ lb. coarse salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for foil
- 2 leeks, white and pale green parts only, chopped and rinsed well
- 8 oz. baby or small new potatoes (about 10), cut into pieces
- 4 c. 2% milk
- 2¾ c. corn kernels, fresh (about 4 ears) or thawed frozen
- ¼ c. chopped basil and/or chives
- Heat broiler. Season salmon with ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper. Broil on a lightly oiled foil-lined baking sheet 6 inches from heat until cooked through, 6 to 8 min. Break into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook leeks with remaining ¼ tsp. salt, plus pepper to taste, until tender, about 4 min. Add potatoes and milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are just tender, about 10 min.
- Stir in corn and salmon. Simmer until corn is tender, 4 min. Stir in half of herbs; just before serving, top with remainder.
439 cal, 16 g fat (5 g saturated), 30 g protein, 46 g carb, 19 g sugar, 3 g fiber, 423 mg sodium, 59 mg cholesterol per serving
This story originally appeared in the November 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.