Cooking the bacon and veggies separately cuts back on the fat in the final dish. But if you prefer, you can cook them together — just chop the bacon and toss it with the broccoli before roasting.
- 1 head (1¼ lb) broccoli
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 slices bacon
- Cut florets of 1 head (1¼ lb) broccoli into 2-inch pieces.
- Toss cut broccoli on a rimmed, foil-lined baking sheet with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp cider vinegar, ½ tsp coarse salt, and ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes.
- Roast at 450°F, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 15 to 18 min.
- Toss with 2 slices crumbled cooked bacon.
111 cals per serving.
This recipe originally appeared in the November 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.