- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ½ c. chopped carrots
- 1 tsp. red curry paste (like Thai Kitchen)
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ c. light coconut milk
- ⅓ c. Greek yogurt
- Heat olive oil in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-low heat. Add chopped garlic and chopped yellow onion and sauté for 3 to 5 min.
- Add chopped carrots, red curry paste, low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 to 25 min.
- Remove from heat and add light coconut milk.
- Puree soup in a blender until smooth. Swirl in Greek yogurt.
300 cal, 12 g fat, 18 g protein, 32 g carbs, 17 g sugar, 7 g fiber, 190 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.