- 1 ½ c. carrots, chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. honey
- 5 oz. skinless chicken breast
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. fresh rosemary, minced (or 1 tsp. dried)
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- zest of half a lemon
- 1 to 2 c. mixed greens
- 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and toss chopped carrots with olive oil, curry powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 to 25 min, stirring occasionally, and toss with honey when removed from the oven.
- Meanwhile, place chicken breast in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle thyme, rosemary, turmeric, zest of half a lemon, and a pinch of salt and pepper over the chicken and put in oven for 12 to 15 min.
- In a small bowl, toss together mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
300 cal, 12 g fat, 18 g protein, 32 g carb, 17 g sugar, 7 g fiber, 190 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.