- ⅔ c. dried green lentils
- 2 c. low-sodium vegetable stock (or water)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 4 c. prewashed bagged green beans
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Place dried green lentils and low-sodium vegetable stock (or water) in a small pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to medium-low. Simmer for 25 to 30 min or until the lentils are tender; drain any excess liquid.
- Gently stir in garlic powder, ground coriander, onion powder, chili powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with a side of roasted green beans: Toss green beans with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Roast at 425°F, stirring occasionally, for about 20 min or until tender.
380 cal, 11 g fat, 19 g protein, 55 g carb, 11 g sugar, 17 g fiber, 290 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.