- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ c. chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 ½ c. canned cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 c. broccoli florets
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add chopped onion, cover pot, and cook the onion for 5 to 7 min until softened.
- Add minced garlic, low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth, cannellini beans (drained and rinsed), and broccoli florets. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30 min.
- Season with a pinch of cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Puree mixture in a blender, and serve.
290 cal, 3.5 g fat, 21 g protein, 49 g carb, 3 g sugar, 15 g fiber, 188 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.