- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c. broccoli florets
- 1 c. vegetable stock or water
- 1 ½ c. canned cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- optional: lemon juice and zest
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add minced shallots and minced garlic and sauté for 2 min.
- Add broccoli florets and vegetable stock or water; cover and steam for 2 min.
- Uncover and sauté for 2 more min.
- Add cannellini beans (drained and rinsed); cook 1 min.
280 cal, 6 g fat, 16 g protein, 46 g carb, 1 g sugar, 15 g fiber, 40 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.