Trick out an easy meal with a crispy crust.
- 3 tbsp. whole wheat panko
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 6-oz. skinless salmon fillet or boneless, skinless chicken breast half
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- On a plate, spread a mix of whole wheat panko, lemon zest, chopped parsley, pepper, and coarse salt.
- Dip salmon or chicken into lightly beaten egg, then coat with panko mix, patting it on carefully.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick pan. Brown 1 to 2 min per side (4 sides for salmon). Bake on a sheet at 400°F, 8 min for salmon, 18 to 20 min for chicken.
241 cal (salmon only); 222 cal (chicken only); 132 cal, 5 g fat (2 g saturated), 9 g protein, 13 g carb, 1 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 571 mg sodium, 186 mg cholesterol per serving (crust only)