Healthy avocado adds the crowning touch to this easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 6-oz skinless salmon fillet or boneless, skinless chicken breast half
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ c. diced celery
- ¼ c. chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. minced shallot
- 1 tsp. rinsed and chopped capers
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ avocado (diced)
- Season salmon or chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick pan. Brown 1 to 2 min per side (4 sides for salmon). Bake on a sheet at 400°F, 8 min for salmon, 18 to 20 min for chicken.
- Stir together celery, green olives, parsley, shallot, capers, extra-virgin olive oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Fold in avocado.
- Pile a few dollops of relish on salmon or chicken.
241 cal (salmon only); 222 cal (chicken only); 77 cal, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 1 g protein, 4 g carb, 1 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 147 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per about ⅓ cup sauce