Pick your protein and top it with a quick and easy salsa.
- 1 6-oz. skinless salmon fillet or boneless, skinless chicken breast half
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 diced mango
- ¾ c. diced red bell pepper
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- 1 tsp. Sriracha (or similar hot sauce)
- ¼ coarse salt
- Season salmon or chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat in a nonstick pan. Brown 1 to 2 min per side (4 sides for salmon). Bake on a sheet at 400°F, 8 min for salmon, 18 to 20 min for chicken.
- Stir together mango, red bell pepper, lime zest, lime juice, cilantro, scallions, Sriracha (or similar hot sauce), and coarse salt.
- Pile a few dollops of salsa on salmon or chicken.
241 cal (salmon only); 222 cal (chicken only); 62 cal, 0 g fat (0 g saturated), 1 g protein, 15 g carb, 13 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 148 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per about ⅓ cup sauce