- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 c. chopped broccoli
- 3 scallions, sliced, whites and greens separated
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs
- ½ c. drained black beans
- 2 (10-inch) whole-grain flour tortillas
- ½ c. grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ c. cilantro leaves
- ½ c. salsa
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add broccoli and scallion whites, and season with ⅛ tsp. salt and pepper to taste. Cook until broccoli is crisp-tender, 4 to 6 min.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs with remaining ⅛ tsp. salt and pepper to taste. Stir in scallion greens and beans. Add egg mixture to broccoli. Cook, stirring to scramble eggs, until set, about 4 min.
- Sprinkle tortillas with cheese and cilantro. Top with scrambled eggs. Roll up tortillas into burritos, folding in ends as you go. Cut each in half, and serve with salsa.
297 cal, 14 g fat (5 g saturated), 17 g protein, 26 g carb, 2 g sugar, 14 g fiber, 668 mg sodium, 201 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the April 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.