Yield: 1 serving
- 2 thyme sprigs, plus leaves for garnish
- 3 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
- coarse salt
- Bring 1 cup water and the thyme sprigs to a boil in a saucepan. Add chicken, and cover. Simmer until chicken is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove chicken, reserving liquid, and keep chicken warm, covered.
- Puree carrots with cooking liquid, lime juice, ginger, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Return to saucepan, and bring to a simmer, adding 2 tablespoons water at a time until soup is the consistency you like.
- Shred chicken. Ladle soup into a bowl, and top with shredded chicken. Garnish with thyme leaves, and season with more pepper.
This recipe originally appeared in the May 2017 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.