- 1 leek, sliced and rinsed well
- 6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ c. grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 (5-oz) clamshell baby spinach
- 4 tsp. store-bought pesto
- grated nutmeg (optional)
- Simmer leek in broth in a large pot until tender, about 5 min. Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Gradually add egg mixture to simmering broth, whisking constantly. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 30 seconds. Bring soup to a simmer again.
- Ladle into bowls. Top each serving with 1 tsp pesto, a pinch of fresh nutmeg, if using, and more cheese.
200 cal, 10 g fat (3 g saturated), 16 g protein, 10 g carb, 2 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 608 mg sodium, 148 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the April 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.