- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp. grated cheese, such as Parmesan, cheddar, or Swiss (optional)
- assorted toppings: herbs, scallions, salsa, diced tomato, crumbled bacon, sriracha, paprika, crumbled feta
- Heat oven to 375°F. Halve avocados lengthwise and pit. Cut a very thin slice from bottom of each avocado half so that it sits level. Where the pit was, scoop out just enough of the flesh (about ½ tbsp.) to make room for an egg.
- Place avocados on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Season each with salt and pepper, and rub with olive oil.
- Crack an egg into each cavity (some of the egg white will run over the side, but don't worry about it). Sprinkle with cheese, if using. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 20 to 25 min, or until eggs are set to your liking.
- Sprinkle with toppings.
220 cal, 19 g fat (3 g saturated), 7 g protein, 9 g carb, 1 g sugar, 7 g fiber, 180 mg sodium, 139 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the April 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.