Spoon out some fresh tomato salsa for a bright burst of flavor.
- 1 (15.5-oz) can white beans, such as great northern, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 c. finely shredded zucchini, squeezed dry in paper towels
- 1/4 c. plus 2 tbsp. whole wheat panko
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 tbsp. store-bought pesto
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Pulse all ingredients except oil in a food processor until beans are finely chopped. (Mixture will be wet.) Shape into 16 balls (about 1 1/2 inches each) with damp hands.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook bean balls until bottoms are golden brown. Continue to cook, turning gently, until golden brown all over and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutritional information (per serving): 245 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated), 10 g protein, 24 g carb, 2 g sugar, 6 g fiber, 317 mg sodium, 50 mg cholesterol
This recipe originally appeared in the April 2017 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.