Wrap the shrimp balls in Boston or Bibb lettuce, and sprinkle them with cilantro and carrot shreds.
- 12 oz. peeled and deveined large shrimp, chopped
- 1/3 c. shredded carrot
- 1/4 c. whole wheat panko
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. lime juice, plus lime wedges, for serving
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- Pulse shrimp, carrot, panko, egg, cilantro, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, and soy sauce in a food processor until shrimp are finely chopped. Shape into 20 balls (about 1 1/2 inches each) with damp hands.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook shrimp balls, turning, until golden brown all over and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutritional information (per serving): 212 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated), 24 g protein, 6 g carb, 1 g sugar, 1 g fiber, 365 mg sodium, 219 mg cholesterol
This recipe originally appeared in the April 2017 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.