Our hash is a vegetable party on a plate, with more than a cup of roasted produced per serving.
- 1 (8.8-oz) package peeled precooked beets, diced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and diced (fronds reserved for garnish)
- 1 lb sweet potato (about 1 large), diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. rosemary, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp. plus 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- Heat oven to 425°F. Toss beets with fennel, sweet potato, onion, garlic, rosemary, 1 Tbsp oil, and the salt. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet, 30 min.
- Stir vegetables, and roast until soft and caramelized, 15 to 20 min more.
- Heat remaining 1/2 tsp oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack eggs into pan, and cook until set, 5 to 7 min.
- Divide hash among plates, and top with the fried eggs. Sprinkle with fennel fronds.
This story originally appeared in the March 2017 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.