These quinoa bites are dotted with colorful tomatoes, but they offer more than veggie confetti: There's a cup or so of Swiss chard in each one.
- 3/4 c. quinoa
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 c. (packed cups) torn Swiss chard leaves (12-oz bunch)
- 3/4 tsp. coarse salt plus 2 pinches
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 c. plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 c. crumbled feta cheese
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. chopped dill
- 1/2 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Heat oven to 375°F. Put quinoa in a saucepan with 1 1/4 cups water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, about 10 min. Stir; let cool slightly.
- Heat oil in a deep-sided skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring, until translucent, 3 to 5 min. Stir in chard and a couple pinches of salt. Cover; cook, stirring once or twice, until wilted, 3 to 4 min.
- Whisk eggs with yogurt. Stir in quinoa, feta, scallions, dill, tomatoes, chard mixture, 3/4 tsp salt, and some pepper.
- Spray a 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Divide batter among cups, pressing to shape with wet hands. Bake until golden brown, about 25 min.
This story originally appeared in the March 2017 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.