To get an amazing jumpstart on your daily produce, move this vitamin-loaded bowl to the center of your breakfast plan.
- 1 1/4 c. 2 percent milk, plus more for serving
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 c. (heaping cups) mixed berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- 1 c. rolled oats
- 1/4 c. sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 357°F. Whisk milk with eggs, cinnamon, honey, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Scatter half the berries evenly in a small (1 1/2-quart) baking dish. Scatter oats evenly over fruit. Pour milk mixture on top. Arrange remaining berries on top. Bale 15 min.
- Sprinkle almonds on top, and bake until berries are bubbling, center is cooked, and oatmeal is slightly puffed, 20 to 30 min more. Serve warm with milk.
This story originally appeared in the March 2017 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.