- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head broccoli (about 1 lb), trimmed and cut into 2½-inch-long pieces (about 7 cups)
- 10 oz. grape or cherry tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 (6-oz) skinless salmon fillets
- ½ tsp. coarse salt
- black pepper
- 1 c. pitted kalamata olives
- Juice 1 lemon to yield 2 tbsp. juice, then whisk with the oil.
- Place broccoli, tomatoes, and garlic in one layer in a large, straight-sided skillet. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Space salmon fillets evenly on top. Season with the salt, plus black pepper to taste.
- Thinly slice remaining lemon. Add to skillet. Pour half the lemon-oil and 1 cup water into skillet. Cover tightly. Bring to a simmer over high heat, then reduce to medium. Simmer gently, adjusting heat if needed, until fish is cooked through and broccoli is tender, about 10 min.
- Scatter olives on top. Spoon pan sauce and remaining lemon-oil over each serving.
390 cal, 20 g fat (3 g saturated), 40 g protein, 13 g carb, 4 g sugar, 4 g fiber, 511 mg sodium, 77 mg cholesterol per serving
This recipe originally appeared in the September 2015 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.