This recipe was developed specifically for Dr. Oz's 21-Day Weight-Loss Breakthrough diet plan. Make this on Prep Day for Friday and Sunday's lunches.
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 2 celery stalks
- ¾ tsp. dried thyme
- a pinch of coarse salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2½ tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves
- 4 c. cauliflower
- 1½ c. 2% milk
- 1 5-oz package baby spinach
- 1 lb. silken soft tofu (drained and patted dry)
- 1½ tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1½ tbsp. sunflower seeds
- ON PREP DAY, Cook 1 cup chopped onion, 2 celery stalks (chopped), ¾ tsp dried thyme, a pinch of coarse salt, and ½ tsp pepper in 2½ Tbsp olive oil in a pot over medium heat, stirring, until softened, 4 min.
- Add 3 garlic cloves (sliced); cook 1 min more.
- Stir in 4 cups cauliflower and 1½ cups 2% milk.
- Simmer, covered, until cauliflower is tender, 10 min.
- Add one 5-oz package baby spinach and simmer, covered but stirring occasionally, until just wilted, 2 min.
- Stir in 1 lb silken soft tofu (drained and patted dry), 1½ Tbsp lemon juice, and 2 tsp Dijon mustard. In batches, purée soup in a blender until smooth.
- Let cool. Transfer to a container and freeze.
- TO MAKE FRIDAY AND SUNDAY'S LUNCHES, Reheat 2 cups of the Cauliflower Soup.
- Top with 1 Tbsp plain 2% Greek yogurt and 1 ½ Tbsp sunflower seeds.
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2017 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.