Ready to start Dr. Oz's 21-Day Weight-Loss Breakthrough? Follow these steps on Prep Day and you'll have everything you need for ready-to-go, perfectly portioned breakfasts, lunches, and dinners all week!
The Prep Day Bean Chili is used to make:
- 1½ c. chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1½ c. pre-sliced white mushrooms
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 15.5-oz can low-sodium black beans
- 1 c. canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Cook 1½ cups each chopped bell pepper (any color) and pre-sliced white mushrooms with 1 cup chopped onion in 1 Tbsp olive oil in a pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10 to 12 min.
- Add 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped), 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo, and ½ tsp cumin and cook, 1 min.
- Stir in one 15.5-oz can low-sodium black beans (rinsed and drained) and 1 cup canned no-salt-added diced tomatoes.
- Simmer until flavors develop, about 10 min. Let cool, then sprinkle with 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro. Divide between 2 containers and keep chilled.
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2017 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.