Ready to start Dr. Oz's 21-Day Weight-Loss Breakthrough? Follow these steps on Prep Day and you'll have everything you need for ready-to-go, perfectly portioned breakfasts, lunches, and dinners all week!
The Prep Day Roasted Tofu and Tempeh are used to make:
- 1 package (14-oz) extra-firm tofu
- 1 package (8-oz) soy tempeh
- ¼ c. reduced-sodium tamari
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. grated ginger
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Cut 1 package (14-oz) extra-firm tofu (drained) and 1 package (8-oz) soy tempeh crosswise into thirds.
- Place in a foil-lined baking pan.
- Whisk ¼ cup reduced-sodium tamari with 3 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 6 garlic cloves (minced), and 1 Tbsp grated ginger.
- Spoon over tofu and tempeh in pan; turn to coat.
- Roast, 12 to 15 min. Let cool.
- Transfer all but 1 piece tofu to a container and keep chilled.
- Freeze remaining piece for a future week.
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2017 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.