Ready to start Dr. Oz's 21-Day Weight-Loss Breakthrough? Follow these steps on Prep Day and you'll have everything you need for ready-to-go, perfectly portioned breakfasts, lunches, and dinners all week!
The Prep Day Oatmeal is used to make:
- 1 c. steel-cut oats
- 3 c. 1% milk (or soy milk)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt
- a couple pinches of nutmeg
- Toast 1 cup steel-cut oats in a pot over medium heat, stirring, 3 to 4 min. Transfer to a plate.
- Rinse pot. Bring 3 cups 1% milk (or soy milk) to a boil over medium heat in same pot.
- Stir in oats, 1 cinnamon stick, ¼ tsp coarse salt, and a couple pinches of nutmeg.
- Simmer on low, covered but stirring occasionally, until creamy, 25 min.
- Discard cinnamon. Transfer three ½-cup portions to containers and keep chilled.
- Freeze leftovers for a future week.
This recipe originally appeared in the January/February 2017 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.