Who needs a mocha latte when you've got this powerfully tasty proteinaceous palmful?
- 3 oz. finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tsp. espresso powder
- 1/2 c. toasted whole almonds
- 1/2 c. toasted whole cashews
- 1/2-3/4 tsp. flaked sea salt
- Melt 3 oz finely chopped bittersweet chocolate with 2 tsp espresso powder in a pan over moderate heat until smooth.
- Stir in 1/2 cup each toasted whole almonds and cashews until coated.
- Transfer with a spatula onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, spreading them out.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 to 3/4 tsp flaked sea salt and chill until set.
- Break into pieces before serving.
This recipe originally appeared in the November 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.