This coating takes your protein to the next level.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
- 4 7-oz thick white fish cutlets or 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1/2 c. pistachios
- 1/4 c. bread crumbs or panko
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro, lime juice, cumin, and garlic mix
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F, and finely chop nuts.
- Lightly oil a lined baking sheet; season chicken or fish with olive oil and salt.
- Mix 1/2 cup nuts in a bowl with 1/4 cup bread crumbs or panko. Then add 1/4 cup salsa mix of chopped cilantro, lime juice, cumin, and garlic.
- Spoon mixture over top of chicken or fish (the bottom stays uncoated), and press it in with your fingers.
- With rack at top third of oven, bake until crust is golden and it's all cooked through, about 8 to 12 min for fish and about 16 to 20 min for chicken.
This recipe originally appeared in the November 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.