Pro Tip: This sauce stays fresh in the fridge in an airtight container for four to five days.
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp. creamy no-sugar peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- Heat canola oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook onion and minced garlic, stirring until soft.
- Add chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring, 1 min.
- Add low-sodium chicken broth, chocolate, peanut butter, and tomato paste.
- Simmer, stirring, until smooth and thickened.
This recipe originally appeared in the November 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.