Think of these Greek salad wraps like all the best parts of a Greek salad (feta, olives, garlic, vinaigrette) wrapped up with hummus in a warm, flour tortilla. They make for a light and refreshing warm-weather meal, or each wrap can be sliced into 4 portions by cross-section, each portion secured with a toothpick. They make great game-day finger foods or appetizers that way.
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 8 oz. Greek-style plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. (14 g) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 6 gluten-free flour tortillas, warmed in a dry skillet until pliable
- 1/2 c. hummus
- 1 c. chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 c. chopped cucumber
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 c. kalamata olives, pitted and roughly
- Make the sauce and marinate the chicken. In a large bowl, place the garlic, vinegar, yogurt, olive oil, dill, and lemon juice, and whisk to combine well. Transfer the sauce to a large, zip-top bag. Place the chicken in the bag and close it. Massage the outside of the bag gently to ensure that the sauce is marinating all of the chicken. Place the bagged chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 1 day.
- Cook the chicken. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking oil spray. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a single, even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Discard the remaining sauce. Turn on your oven’s broiler and place the baking sheet about 4 inches from the flame. Broil for 6 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, ip the chicken breasts over with a fork, and return to the broiler for another 4 to 6 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before cutting it into cubes.
- Assemble the wraps. Place one our tortilla on a at surface, and spread one side evenly with about 2 tablespoons of hummus. Place about 1/6 of the cubed chicken in the center of the tortilla, then add about 1/6 of the chopped lettuce, chopped cucumber, feta cheese, and olives, and press gently so the filling adheres. Fold the bottom of the tortilla over the filling, folding away from yourself, then fold the sides in about one-quarter of the way and roll the rest of the tortilla away from yourself tightly to seal. Slice in half by cross-section. Repeat with the remaining wraps and other ingredients. Serve immediately.
Recipe excerpted from Gluten-Free Small Bites: Sweet and Savory Hand-Held Treats for On-the-Go Lifestyles and Entertaining by Nicole Hunn. Copyright © 2016. Available from Da Capo Lifelong Books, an imprint of Perseus Books, LLC, a subsidiary of Hachette Book Group, Inc.