Scatter over salad, mashed or roasted sweet potatoes, or across your pumpkin pie.
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 c. raw, shelled pumpkin seeds
- Heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 11x17-inch baking sheet with parchment.
- In a microwaveable bowl, heat honey and oil until bubbling, about 30 sec.
- Whisk in cinnamon, turmeric, and salt, then fold in pumpkin seeds until very well-coated.
- Spread out seeds on prepared baking sheet in 1 even layer.
- Bake 20 to 25 min, stirring every 5 to 10 min, until seeds are deep golden brown and honey has caramelized.
- Remove from oven, stir, and cool completely at room temperature.
- Break up any clumps with your fingers.
45 cal, 4 g fat (1 g saturated), 2 g protein, 2 g carb, 1 g sugar, 0 g fiber, 48 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per Tbsp
This recipe originally appeared in the November 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.