Mix into roasted Brussels sprouts, or serve alongside turkey and stuffing.
- 4 c. dried sour cherries, half of them chopped
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 c. turbinado sugar (like Sugar in the Raw)
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 c. thyme leaves
- Combine everything except 1 Tbsp thyme leaves with 1 cup water in a pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil, then stir and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer with lid on for 20 min.
- Remove lid and continue to cook for about 50 min, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is evaporated. (The cherries and onions should be tender, and the liquid that's left, thick and glossy).
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 Tbsp thyme leaves.
- Cover and cool. Serve at room temperature.
31 cal, 0 g fat (0 g saturated), 0 g protein, 8 g carb, 7 g sugar, 0 g fiber, 24 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per Tbsp
This recipe originally appeared in the November 2016 issue of Dr. Oz The Good Life.