Cherry tomatoes make for a festive dinner-party side when popped in the oven and served on the vine.
- 12 stems cherry tomatoes on the vine (3 to 4 pounds)
- good olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- julienned fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes still on the vines (plus any that fall off the vines) on a sheet pan. Rub or brush gently with olive oil and sprinkle generously with kosher salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until the tomatoes are tender and a few start to split. Sprinkle with basil, if using, and fleur de sel, and serve on the stem hot or warm.
153 cal, 12 g fat (2 g saturated), 2 g protein, 10 g carb, 7 g sugar, 3 g fiber, 527 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol per serving
Recipe reprinted from COOKING FOR JEFFREY: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. Copyright © 2016 by Ina Garten. To be published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Randon House LLC on October 25, 2016.