Canned chipotle chiles come packed in their own flavorful adobo sauce, which adds a smoky kick to the orange-glazed salmon.
- 1 c. quinoa
- 1 orange
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp. adobo sauce (from chipotle chiles)
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 bunch radishes
- ½ c. fresh corn kernels
- ½ c. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green onions
- 4 piece skinless salmon fillet
- Arrange oven rack 4 to 6 inches from broiler heat source. Preheat broiler on high. Line jelly-roll pan with foil. In 2-quart saucepan, prepare quinoa as label directs. Transfer to bowl.
- Meanwhile, from orange, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 1/2 cup juice. In blender, puree chipotle, adobo sauce, garlic, cumin, and orange juice.
- To bowl with quinoa, stir in radishes, corn, cilantro, green onions, orange peel, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Arrange salmon on prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt, then brush generously on all sides with chile mixture. Broil 5 to 7 minutes or until just opaque throughout. Serve salmon on quinoa pilaf.
Tips & Techniques