Want to make this dish ahead of time? Prep the broccolini and store it in a plastic bag with a damp paper towel, then roast before serving.
- 3 bunches broccolini
- good olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim 2 inches off the ends of the broccolini stems and discard. Cut any thick stalks in half lengthwise.
- Place the broccolini in a single layer on two sheet pans. (If you put them on one sheet pan, the broccolini will steam rather than roast.)
- Drizzle each sheet pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and toss well.
- Roast for 15 minutes, until the broccolini is crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and serve hot.
124 cal, 9g fat (1g saturated), 3g protein, 8g carb, 2g sugar, 3g fiber, 679 mg sodium, 0mg cholesterol per serving.
Recipe reprinted from COOKING FOR JEFFREY: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. Copyright © 2016 by Ina Garten. To be published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of the Crown Publishing Group, a division of Penguin Randon House LLC on October 25, 2016.